Day 120 - out with a bang .....

..... or should I say:  Out with a break!

Last day of Whistler Kids for me.  I'm finishing up a day early so I can start my holiday.  We had a total of eight kids in Snowboard School including one Lil Ripper.  I was assigned to the level 2/3 kid and we spent a bit of time getting reacquainted with his snowboard and turning.  Around 10am I thought he was ready to ride to the Village.  The snow was super slushy but he managed pretty good with his turns.  Once we hit the bottom, we still had a while to go before lunch so I decided to take one lap from the top even though Morgan said it was pretty icy up there.

We got off the gondola at 10:30am (plenty of time for one run before lunch).  We ran into the kid's Dad and I told him James was turning well and we're about to take a lap down Whiskey Jack.  We strapped in our bindings and headed down under the Peak 2 Peak.  When I looked up, James was on the ground grabbing his wrist in dire pain.  To make a long story short, he broke his wrist and it looked pretty painful.

That left me with no class at 10:45am.  I rode down to the CLC expecting to eat lunch and go home.  Scotty, who had three never-ever kids, told me that his boy was practically turning down the Magic Carpet and if I wanted to stay and teach, I could take him to the Super Carpet.  Done.  That was easy.

That kid, named Liam, spent about 45 minutes on the Super Carpet, where he was turning with no problem so we took a run to the Village and finished the day back at the CLC at the jump.

0 comments: